The most powerful, Snapdragon quad-core smartphone available launches this fall
TORONTO, Sept. 19, 2012 /CNW/ - LG Electronics (LG) Canada announced today that it is bringing its newest premium, flagship LTE-enabled smartphone, the LG Optimus G, to Canada in November 2012. The high-end smartphone offers an elegant and sleek design, innovative user experience, longer battery life and powerful performance driven by Qualcomm's Snapdragon S4 Pro Quad Core processor.
"The cutting edge design and power of the LG Optimus G will set a new bar for smartphones in Canada," said Geoffrey McMurdo, Vice President Mobile Communications, LG Canada. "This device brings the best design and functionality into one device - a device that, for many, will be more powerful than their home computer."
The global roll out begins this next week with retail availability in Korea. Canada will follow suit in November with availability across the country through a number of carrier and retail partners including Bell, Rogers, TELUS, Best Buy, Future Shop, Tbooth wireless, The Source, WIRELESSWAVE, and WIRELESS etc.
"We have tremendous carrier and retail support for the LG Optimus G and thank them for their support," continued McMurdo. "With broad distribution, customers across Canada can harness the power of the Optimus G in their hands. Whether they are running presentations, viewing videos or cross-tasking, the Optimus G makes it easier."
Be it for business or play, the LG Optimus G offers features and functionality that set it apart from the vast and competitive smartphone category.
Enhanced User Experience
Unparalleled Viewing Experience
- Cross-tasking - the ability to utilize multiple applications and features simultaneously versus simply running in the background
- Qslide Function - shows two different screens simultaneously on one display allowing users to complete two tasks concurrently, such as sending a text or searching the web while watching a video
- Dual Screen Dual Play - mirrors between the smartphone and a TV; it also has the ability to display different content on each screen wirelessly. For example, a slide presentation can be displayed on the TV while the Optimus G shows the accompanying speaking notes
- Live Zooming - enhances the video watching experience as users can zoom up to five times while the video is being streamed
- QuickMemo 3.0 - allows users to write, draw, or jot a memo with their finger directly on the captured screen for instant sharing as an attachment or URL
- Application Link - launches preset applications (email, calendar, weather, etc.) when the alarm is turned off - making preparation time in the morning go a little faster with all the information on your screen
- Icon Personalizer - allows users to customize icons by editing size and adding images, so the most frequently used apps can be most easily accessible
- Time Catch Shot - captures images just before camera shutter button is depressed on the 8.0 MP camera - ensuring you get the best shot every time
- Cheese Shutter - voice activated camera shutters requires a simple "cheese" to capture an image
- Smart Shutter - senses camera vibration or the movement of the subject and adjusts the shutter speed for the best shot
- Low Light Shot Noise Reduction - employs a light monitoring system and activates when the camera is used in a low-light situation for the least amount of noise
Modern Design and Style
- 4.7 include WXGA True HD IPSPLUS Display
- 1.6 times clearer than AMOLED; using less power
- Sharper and crisper images - 320ppi high pixel density, Stripe RGB ISP Panel with 15:9 aspect ratio
- Zerogap Touch - offers thinner, no diffused reflection for clearer images, even outside, and stronger to withstand impact damage
Next Generation Quad Core
- Eye-catching slim body, timeless beauty
- Patented Crystal Reflection finish for a luxurious look and feel
- Reduced thickness for enhanced hand comfort
- Jet black front display flows into body seamlessly
Exceptional Battery Life
- First commercial and global smartphone with Snapdragon S4 Pro (APQ8064) process with Quad-Core Krait CPU
- Runs at 1.5GHz; features Asynchronous Symmetric Multiprocessing (aSMP) to enable each core to power up and down independently offering maximum performance with better battery life
- LTE supported capabilities
- Newest generation Adreno 320 GPU
- Three times faster than Adreno 224 for enhanced gaming and faster frame rates
- High-density, 2,100mAh battery
- More power than similar-sized batteries by running 60 per cent more efficiently
- More capacity and prolonged charging cycles
- Longer lifespan with 800 charge cycles (versus 500 in regular smartphone batteries)
About LG Electronics Canada
- Chipset: 1.5GHz Krait CPU Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro Processor with Quad-Core, Adreno 320 GPU with 4G LTE
- Operating System: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- An upgrade to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is expected in early Q2 of 2013
- Network: 2G / 3G / 4G LTE
- Display: 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPSPLUS (1280x768 pixels) / 15:9 ratio
- Memory: 32GB
- RAM: 2GB DDR
- Cameras: 8.0MP rear / 1.3MP front
- Battery: 2,100 mAh (570Wh/L)/ Talk time: 15 hours/ Standby: 335 hours
- Size: 131.9 x 68.9 x 8.45mm
- Weight: 145g
- Other: Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, USB2.0 HS, A-GPS, MHL, DLNA, NFC
The LG brand was established in 1995. The company is a global leader in electronics, information and communications products, with more than 117 operations around the world, and annual worldwide revenues of more than US $49 billion. LG Canada is comprised of five business units - Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, Home Entertainment, Business Solutions and Commercial Air Conditioning. The company has offices in Toronto and Vancouver. LG Canada is focused on delivering award-winning products known for blending style and technology. These innovative products include cell phones, flat screen TVs, laptop computers and home appliances. For more information please visit www.LG.com
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances. With 117 operations around the world, LG achieved global sales of USD 49 billion (KRW 54.26 trillion) in 2011. LG is comprised of four business units - Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, and Air Conditioning & Energy Solution - and is one of the world's leading producers of flat panel TVs, mobile devices, air conditioners, washing machines and refrigerators. For more news and information on LG Electronics, please visit www.LGnewsroom.com
Image with caption: "LG Electronics (LG) Canada announced today that it is bringing its newest premium LTE-enabled smartphone, the LG Optimus G, to Canada in November 2012. The high-end smartphone offers an elegant and sleek design, innovative user experience and powerful performance driven by Qualcomm's Snapdragon S4 Pro Quad Core Processor. (CNW Group/LG Electronics Canada, Inc.)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/dow...O_EN_18112.jpg
Image with caption: "LG Electronics (LG) Canada announced today that it is bringing its newest premium LTE-enabled smartphone, the LG Optimus G, to Canada in November 2012. The high-end smartphone offers an elegant and sleek design, innovative user experience and powerful performance driven by Qualcomm's Snapdragon S4 Pro Quad Core Processor. (CNW Group/LG Electronics Canada, Inc.)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/dow...O_EN_18113.jpg
SOURCE: LG Electronics Canada, Inc.